Look Out Boots !!

I'm finally seeing some time ahead of me where I can fulfill a long-time goal of creating some music-themed art work. I have been wanting to focus on more collage/mixed media art that incorporates song lyrics and images to satisfy my soul's need to express it's number one creative outlet: music.

Yes, it's music, not art (although art is a close second). I played for a number of years a long time ago until my instrument was stolen from me and then never got back into it again. And while I know the words to almost every song on the planet it seems, I would do best to keep my singing voice "solo." So low that no one can hear me.

Anyway, I can live the musical life vicariously through my art and here's a piece to start it off. It's a sassy, fun little take on the 1960s hit by Nancy Sinatra. You probably can't read the text on it but it says, "These boots are made for walking and that's just what they'll do, one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you."

Hope you enjoy it. It is listed currently in my Etsy store and of course is made with recycled materials.

No comments: